As Product Engineer you assist and support the category team strategy as a member of a product category team and take the lead of the technical phase in product development to assure that all new products are created in the most economical way within the projected time schedule and in conformity with Tupperware quality standards.
Hereby you have following tasks and responsibilities:
- Be actively supporting the ideation phase of a new product in a specific product category.
- Propose new technologies and materials, in order to contribute to the superiority of the product and the category strategy.
- Analyse the Product Brief and set up product specifications.
- Execute an in depth feasibility study (product concept research, material research, product cost and investment research).
- Prepare a Go/No Go study on the design and engineering product concepts (product concept analysis on functionality, material research, process ability, product quality, product safety, product cost and investment research).
- Initiate and build visual and/or functional prototypes and testing.
- Be the technical responsible during the development and test run of new products.
- Collaborate with and give instructions to the CAD Engineer and the Application Lab Analyst, give recommendations to the Mold Engineer.
- Collect all information and reports on the development of new products and register all project data into a tracking system.
- Be responsible to deliver products at requested time, cost and with superior functionality.
- Travel to Tupperware plants or suppliers for technical meetings and/or to assist in debugging.
- You are a technical Master (Industrial Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Development, Mechanics, Electromechanics, Plastics, ...).
- You have already experience in project management in a manufacturing or product development environment.
- Knowledge of plastics (types, processes, molds, ...) and 3D CAD software (to read and understand designs) is an asset.
- You have good communication skills and you are fluent in English, your knowledge of Dutch is at least sufficient.
- Attitudes and skills: organized, analytical, problem solving, hands-on, result oriented, can work independent and in team, pro-active, open minded, willing to (continue to) learn, ability to think and act out of the box.
- A qualitative world market leader with a familiar character and an informal, agreeable, no-nonsense but professional corporate culture.
- A varied function with a lot of internal and international contacts where you can become expert within a motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic team of specialists.
- An attractive salary package with interesting extralegal advantages.
Ing. Gert Van de Walle
Sales & Recruitment Consultant
Pauline Van Pottelsberghelaan 12 9051 Gent
tel: 09 259 12 12
Tupperware, market leader and trendsetter in the field of household commodities and related plastic products, is known in the first place for its exceptional quality. The same applies to its manufacturing plant in Aalst, which is exemplary for other manufacturing sites. Within the European organization this Belgian organization has been designed to function as a pilot factory, focusing on new products and technologies, automation and R&D. Over the years, Tupperware has gone on to become a high-tech competence center with a human face and value-driven corporate culture. The organization offers its employees potential to further develop and perfect their fields of expertise and beyond. The plant in Aalst has a staff of approximately 360 employees.
To reinforce their Product Engineering/R&D team they are looking for a motivated Product Engineer.