Medior Network Engineer
Medior Network Engineer
You will be part of the team that is responsible for managing the network of our client, from day-to-day operations to construction and design, testing of new equipment, releases and configurations…
In general, you will:
- take part in projects to make the network evolve (design and construction of new technologies and network equipment to support the network evolution). Possible technical domains for these projects include LAN switching, VPN/PIX, WIFI, routing…;
- test new configuration, equipment and releases;
- report on network usage and performance;
- develop and maintain a high standard of documentation (procedures, processes…);
- participate in troubleshooting of network problems after escalation (2nd level network support);
- participate sporadically in a front office role within the network operations center: monitor the network, provide quick diagnosis, escalate and follow-up, dispatch trouble tickets.
More specifically you will be performing the following tasks:
- You will manage the WIFI infrastructure.
- You will manage Cisco routers and LAN switches.
- You will manage Cisco load balancers.
- You will be responsible for incident management of the networking devices.
- You will treat “move, add and change” requests concerning the network.
- You will be responsible for the system evolution, for patch management and release notes.
- You integrate new systems in the management infrastructure.
- You have minimum 3 years of proven networking experience.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Cisco LAN switches and CISCO routers.
- You obtained at least a CCNA certification and are able to become CCNP within a timeframe of 2 years. Current CCNP certification is a plus.
- Good knowledge of VPN, firewalling, DNS and proxy is a plus.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
- You are a team player with good communicative skills.
This position is open for both employees and freelancers.
As an employee, we offer you:
- Challenging projects at leading Belgian companies
- An open corporate culture that values communication and human interaction
- Together with our competence manager you determine your individual career path within DataFlow
- Regular technical workshops and trainings are offered enabling you to obtain certificates
- Close follow-up by the internal team
- Numerous social team and business events
- Dedication and professional talent are rewarded with a competitive salary and extra-legal advantages such as company car, group insurance, health insurance, meal voucher…
As a freelancer, we offer you:
- Challenging projects at leading Belgian companies.
- An open corporate culture that values communication and human interaction.
- In-time and correct payment of your invoices (30 days)
- Close follow-up by the internal team.
- Numerous social team and business events.
- Pro-active approach and guidance at the end of your mission.